Prana in Action
The therapeutic breath; how breath led practice can support physical and mental reintegration.
This 2-day exploration will focus on how to create simple, mindful yoga practices for mental and physical balance. It is appropriate for teachers, trainees and yoga practitioners wishing to learn more about the breath and therapeutic essentials.
“After a bird tied by a string flies here and there without finding a resting place, it finally settles down at the place it is bound. Similarly, the mind, after flying here and there, without finding a resting place, settles in the breath, for the mind is bound to the breath” ~ Chandogya Upanishad
Saturday: 10.00am – 5.00pm (includes 1-hour lunch break)
- Breath and the theory of prana
- Experiencing the breath in our own practice.
- The autonomic nervous system and how the breath affects it
Sunday: 2.00pm – 6.00pm
- The Gunas and polyvagal theory
- Understanding brahmana (charging, nourishing, building) and langhana (discharging, calming, reducing) practices
Throughout the weekend we will learn how to create practices for stress resilience, lifting mood and calming agitation. (introducing bhavana, sound and mantra for positive mental shift). Awareness of appropriate approaches to the breath to ensure safe and supportive practice for all